Mr. Brian

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Have you ever had one of those days where you can see God constantly working throughout people's lives? Today has been one of those days for me. So many thoughts and events have presented themselves thoughout the course of the day that has reminded me that we're not in control.


Shawn and Jordan have helped me to realize that we are all slowly reaching adulthood. Us guys of Alumni were accepted into the appartments for next school year. I know that doesn't sound like a huge deal, but it's another small stepping stone in the walk of life.
As I read over Shawn and Jordan's blog entries, I started to think and reflect on the past semester. I can see that I too am beginning to "put away childish things" (1 Corinthians 13:11). This isn't to say that I'm not a fun person anymore, cause there are those Kool-Aid sugar rush nights that bring out the wild side of me, but I'm saying that my thoughts and actions aren't as child-like. I'm realizing that there are more important problems in the world then reality tv and whether or not I get enough sleep every night.
A few other friends of mine have helped me along in seeing how God works through relationships. I know it's hard to give advice to friends on certain topics when I'm having just as much trouble in these areas myself, but I've learned that God has put us all here in order to help one another the best we know how.
I realize that for all of you reading this, my thoughts probably don't seem to fit together, but I just had to write down some of these thoughts for my own benefit.

Mr. Brian


"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back." - Charlie Brown

1 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Blogger BJ not BK said...

B-daddy, isn't it funny how we know about thing "things" of God but don't really "know" until God reveals them in a personal way (1 Corinthians 13:11)? My favorite group of all time is u2 and I thought these lyrics were very fitting based on what you are learning:

"One love
One blood
One life
You got to do what you should
One life
With each other
Sisters
Brothers
One life
But we're not the same
We get to
Carry each other
Carry each other

One...life

One"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home