Mr. Brian

Saturday, May 27, 2006



Yesterday, we went and flew kites at the best place to fly kites in the world! The wind was perfect and our kites flew high :)

We also went on the most straight up hike I've ever been on. It's a little place called Molly's Knob. It's a 1.6 black diamond hike. We heard the view was worth the trip so we decided to try it out. The second we got to the top, a thunderstorm blew in. There was a group of about 15 hikers that were at the top when we arrived that promptly yelled "Grab your gear and ruuuuuunnnn" I got hit with a couple pieces of hale before I could take cover in the trees. We decided that we had climbed too far to just turn around, so we waited the storm out (which only took about 5-10 minutes) We then got to take a few pretty pictures and enjoyed the scenary.

After yesterday's leg excersises, we thought we'd even things out by going canoeing. I don't have any pictures of that, due to the fear of tipping over in a canoe and ruining my camera. We estimated that we traveled a little over four miles in our canoes. Now, with our sore arms and legs, we're resting up in the lodge. I hope everyone is having a nice and safe Memorial Weekend. I'll update a little later.

Mr. Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home